image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M JOHN DOE|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG|I LOVE TO DO CREATIVE THINGS|I'M PROFESSIONAL WEB DEVELOPER

A Century

As lots of you already know that realize me, i have struggled with one hundred mile rides, my first two 100 mile rides being remaining 12 months in 2017.

My first attempt become in February of 2017, I started off with a bit little bit of a stomach pain, and became way overdressed and overheated fast. i discovered that i was now not eating sufficient of anything and started to certainly feel the pain. There had been more than one times I desired to prevent and speak to for a trip, however by some means with the resource of Coke and a pickle, i was in a position to complete the ride. after I arrived domestic i used to be not able to do anything, very ill feeling, dizzy, etc. I had to have my daughter run up to the store for pickles, chocolate milk, and a Coke! After about 20 minutes i used to be beginning to come again and sense regular again. I don't like feeling like i am going to bypass out.

rapid ahead some months to June of 2017. I had some pals ask me to try this one hundred mile race on a MTB known as the Lumberjack. 100 miles and around 10,000 ft of hiking. I right away idea of the a hundred mile ride I did in the spring and idea it was a terrible concept, however I decided to try and teach for it anyway. lengthy tale short, i used to be doing honestly well in this race, on tempo to interrupt the eight hour mark with the aid of loads, whilst all of a surprising with about 10 miles to move I got a double leg cramp, one in every adductor. I advised my pal i used to be riding with to go on without me. I probable must have stopped attempting to complete this race and found clinical interest, however rather I pressed on for matters to most effective get worse. just when I worked via the cramps through going gradual I had to pee really terrible. Wow, that turned into the worst burning urine i've ever experienced, I in no way knew that you can pee razor blades! by some means even after that I attempted to journey my motorcycle, however began to get dizzy, mild headed, and sick to my belly. the feeling of passing out turned into proper there and i needed to manipulate myself to live just below. I walked my motorbike up hills, luckily I should coast downhill and try for that sub 8 hour mark. I in the end finished, and did so still getting below eight hours, however i used to be in difficult shape. way worse than the preceding century, and i absolutely thought i used to be going to die. A nurse had brought over the stinky stuff to hold me conscious, and thankfully I had my wife and buddies around who slowly delivered me lower back to life.

i'm able to get to the trouble in a 2nd. I had packed a ton of food and drinks, offered a bag to move on my bike that held lots of meals. The problem I fast determined, I couldn't swallow food that I needed to chunk all through a race, so all over again, I did now not eat sufficient and had the most important bonk of my existence. This became a big mastering lesson, and led me to consider what I may want to do to make it 100 miles and sense good the complete time.

happily on Sunday March 4th 2018 i used to be in a position to check out my plan for making it. For me it changed into simply simple, even as riding, and having dry mouth, I delivered make sure to eat which labored like magic. no longer best did it fill up, however it allowed me to continue to drink the sports drink and live hydrated. without the ensure, my body might normally begin to reject all of the sports activities drink, so it changed into a great blend for me. whilst we would prevent for pee breaks i'd consume a restoration bar with liquid, and we also stopped for a fast candy potato fry snack to get better before finishing up. because of the liquid meals, i was capable of ride the complete one hundred and five miles with none cramps, dizziness, or feeling ill to my stomach. I additionally felt terrific the entire time.

i'm hoping that when you have this trouble, this solution will assist you! thanks for studying nowadays, maybe this will cut down to your studying curve!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment